The truths of God’s Word are literally life-transforming and will set believers free in every area of life, just as Jesus declared in John 8:31-32, but we have to know these truths, believe them and practice them in order to fully experience such freedom. This is a process, of course, and explains the mission of Fountain of Life.
Our Mission: The 7 Areas of Freedom
Fountain of life is dedicated to proclaiming and encouraging freedom in these seven areas:
- Freedom to know and walk with God.
- Freedom to soar in the spirit.
- Freedom from the flesh or sinful nature.
- Freedom from the yoke of dead religiosity, i.e. legalism.
- Freedom from curses of the law (Deuteronomy 28).
- Freedom from false doctrine and error in general.
- Freedom from doubt and unbelief.
There’s hardly anything more grievous than seeing dear brothers and sisters in the Lord hindered in one or more of these areas:
- They know about God but don’t know him.
- They’re so bogged down in the realm of the mental that they’re unable to soar in the spirit.
- They’re hindered by bondage to the flesh in one or more areas, including the less overt sins like arrogance, envy, jealousy, malice, gossip, slander, strife and greed.
- They’re bound-up by legalism in one form or another, i.e. lifeless Pharisaical-ism.
- They’re hampered by one or more curses of the law.
- They’re limited by false beliefs, usually due to rigid sectarianism and erroneous religious tradition.
- They’re simply crippled by unbelief.
Fountain of Life was launched for the purpose of ridding the body of Christ and the world of these seven ills — it’s our passion, our goal, our assignment and our obsession (in a good way). Please read our article Total Freedom for more details concerning freedom in these seven areas.
Statement of Beliefs
The beliefs of the teachers & staff of Fountain of Life Teaching Ministry are simple: We believe what the Bible teaches with the understanding, of course, that believers are under the superior New Covenant through Christ and not the inferior Old Covenant that the Israelites had via the Law (see Hebrews 8:6). It’s really that simple. For example: Does the Bible teach that Jesus Christ is Lord and spiritual regeneration is necessary for salvation? Then that’s what we believe (Philippians 2:11 & Titus 3:5). Does the Bible plainly teach that New Testament believers are not under the Mosaic law, but rather under the law of Christ ? Then that’s what we believe (1 Corinthians 9:19-21 & Romans 7:6).
A great starting point for all believers, as far as foundational beliefs go, are the six basic doctrines covered in Hebrews 6:1-2: (1.) Repentance from works of the flesh, (2.) faith, (3.) the three baptisms — baptism into Christ, baptism in the Spirit and water baptism, (4.) the laying on of hands, (5.) the resurrection of the dead, which includes both the righteous and the unrighteous, and (6.) eternal judgment. Sadly, there’s widespread ignorance in the body of Christ on these “elementary teachings,” as they’re called in the passage. You can read more about these six doctrines here.
Since the emphasis of Fountain of Life is freedom, we’re obviously dedicated to the truth (that is, “the way it really is”) because Jesus said it’s the truth — reality — that will make us free. As such, we don’t teach from the Scriptures with a sectarian eye or biased mindset since this would hinder the discovery of truth and therefore hinder freedom. Fountain of Life is dedicated to serving believers and searchers worldwide regardless of what tag they choose to go by, whether Catholic, Protestant, Greek Orthodox, Anglican, Mainline, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Reformed, Methodist, Baptist, Pentecostal, Charismatic, Emergent, Adventist, heathen, agnostic, atheist or otherwise. Our goal is to share the life-transforming truths of God’s Word and bless people. Our criteria for discovering and teaching truth from the Scriptures are the four common-sense rules of hermeneutics, that is, Bible interpretation:
- Context is king: Meaning the surrounding text reveals the obvious meaning of each passage.
- Scripture interprets Scripture: Meaning every passage must be interpreted in light of the context of the entire Bible; and that the Bible itself is its best interpreter. In other words, one’s interpretation of a passage must gel with what the rest of Scripture teaches; the more overt and detailed passages obviously expand our understanding of the more sketchy and ambiguous ones.
- Take the Bible literally unless it’s clear that figurative language is being used: In which case you look for the literal truth that the symbolism intends to convey.
- If the plain sense makes sense – and is in harmony with the rest of Scripture – don’t look for any other sense lest you end up with nonsense: This includes the “plain sense” of the whole of Scripture on any given topic. In other words, if an individual or group comes up with an interpretation that is opposed to the plain-sense meaning that all the passages in the Bible obviously point to on that subject then it must be rejected. This fourth rule helps to screen-out weirdo interpretations and is essentially the other three combined.
These “rules” are really just common-sense guidelines for discovering truth and we here at Fountain of Life observe them in studying and teaching from the Scriptures. Although the Bible is simple enough that the simplest of people can receive from it and be blessed, it’s also deep and complex, which means that as believers grow in the Lord they naturally grow in knowledge, understanding and wisdom. As such, one believer might have a grasp on a passage or topic and another might have a fuller understanding. A good example of this can be seen in Acts 18:24-26 where Apollos, a very learned man and powerful speaker, had a limited understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ. What he knew was good and accurate, as far as he understood it, but it wasn’t a full or complete understanding. Aquila and Pricilla discerned this when they heard him speak; so they took Apollos aside and “explained to him the way of God more adequately” (verse 26).
Since believers may be at different levels of understanding we may not agree on every jot and tittle. Disagreements may also be attributed to sectarian allegiances (faction-based biases), false doctrines or simply limited or faulty understanding. Disagreements can also be attributed to the believer’s current stage of spiritual development (which you can read about here). Although Fountain of Life is committed to teaching the truth, enlightening people and exposing false doctrines there will always be disagreements between genuine believers on this side of glory. Even the staff and various teachers here don’t agree on every detail. But we DO agree that “God is the Fountain of Life and in his light we see light” (Psalm 36:9); hence, we try to get people hooked-up with the true Fountain of Life. In fact, this explains our name!
It has been said, “In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things charity” and that’s a great saying to live by for everyone in the body of Christ. For more details please see the teaching Cultivating the “Berean Spirit”.
Lastly, no one at Fountain of Life claims to know it all. If you think we are in error or partial-error on any given issue then please contact us and explain your position and give support from God’s Word. Like the Bereans in Acts 17:10-12, if we discover that you are correct and we are in error, we will change accordingly, and humbly & excitedly so. This is a genuine open-ended invitation and is especially applicable to the “doctrine police” in the body of Christ who like to rashly slander and condemn other believers or ministries as “heretics” because they disagree on an issue they consider orthodox. If these dear brothers and sisters in the Lord are so right then their position on whatever issue must be pretty obvious in the Scriptures. Fountain of Life invites such people to the table of fellowship and discussion. We’ll hammer-out the issue on the anvil of balanced scriptural debate, dialogue and honest criticism. Please putteth up or shutteth up any slander.
Fountain of Life Teaching Ministry
As our name indicates, Fountain of life is a teaching ministry. Our focus is fulfilling the great commission of Jesus Christ by making disciples from all nations through teaching them the liberating, enlighening, empowering Word of the LORD unhindered by sectarian biases and entanglements (Matthew 28:19-20). We are in essence a “church without walls” headquartered in NE Ohio serving people all over the globe. We are all about setting the captives free, healing the sick & brokenhearted (Isaiah 61:1-3) and empowering believers to walk in newness of life. In short, this is a worldwide Christian outreach and we’re reaching thousands all over the world on a regular basis! Here are the nations we’ve served in the last year through the ministry of the Word:
However, it should be emphasized that Fountain of Life is not a pastoral ministry and so it’s impossible for us to personally oversee individual believers all over the globe. That’s the purpose of Bible-believing, Bible-teaching, local assembles with quality pastors (overseers/under-shepherds).
The launching of Fountain of Life in December, 2011, coincided with the completion of Dirk’s book, The Believer’s Guide to Forgiveness & Warfare. All of our books are available here.
The Soaring Eagle newsletter
Are you getting our FREE Soaring Eagle newsletter? Each issue contains interesting articles on relevant issues. If you’re not signed-up, you can do so here. It’s easy. To view two e-version examples go here and here.
For the latest in Fountain of Life news & materials go here.
Support this Ministry
Since Fountain of Life is a non-sectarian outreach we don’t receive support from a mother sect/camp and are therefore semi-dependent on offerings. If we’ve been a blessing to you please consider supporting this world-reaching, life-changing ministry. Galatians 6:6 says:
Let the one who is taught the word share all good things with the one who teaches.
~ English Standard Version
You can make a tax-deductible offering here. All first-time supporters receive a FREE BOOK.